I have to keep you interested after all. :)
Lets talk teething.
Should I feel bad that I have medicated my child the last 2 nights before bed for my own sanity? I ask as I am about to dose for night 3, but maybe I won't. Maybe I will see...
I have been blessed with an awesome kid. I cherish the fact that he is an amazing sleeper. As a matter of fact, the 1st night home from the hospital Maddox slept 6 hours. He has a pretty fluid routine and it works rather well with mine so I try not to rattle it. He goes to bed somewhere between 10 and 11:30 and sleeps until 8:30 or 10:00. So these crazy nights where he wakes up screaming throw me for a HUGE loop.
The first time he cut teeth he was 4 months old. This was really bad planning on his part because it also happened to be when Lance's granny was passing away. He was really too young to be cutting teeth (so we thought) so everyone just thought I had a horrible kid. You know the look people give when you are trying to convince them that he is typically really mild mannered... at home... when 16 strangers aren't kissing his face... and his daddy's actually coming home at night instead of sleeping at the nursing home and coming home only for a quick shower... Well, I got that, "I'm sure" look!
The second batch, at 8 months, came in as a 4-some from hell across the top! I thought I was near suicide. It was horrible. A random lady asked me if she could hold him for me. I gladly handed him over but she returned her purchase pretty quickly. The same day, I made Lance pull the car over so I could get out for a minute because we had 3 options: I could cuss and scream at the top of my lungs... I could fling myself into oncoming traffic... or he could give me a second to walk around aimlessly in a parking lot and cool off! He called me dramatic, but then let me do the last one... I looked like a transient!
Third batch (the 2 lower lateral incisors) weren't so bad... just a bit fussy with acidic stool and a blistered bottom, and a few restless nights.
Now these 2. Not as bad as the quad-o-terror, but still no fun. I do not know what to do with this child who will randomly look me in the face and scream at the top of his lungs. I want to pop his mouth. I feel like these outbursts of anger are like him talking back or something! I can't remember how long this stuff lasts but I am ready for those little boogers to pop through the gums and be gone! I want my sweet boy back!
P.S. I decided against the Motrin tonight... let's see how this goes!
Few side notes:
- I have put The Biggest Loser (from DVR) on pause twice while typing this to get more cake. That seems so wrong. But man this is a tear jerker.
- Lance taught Maddox how to give Eskimo kisses this week... It is SO CUTE!!
- I still haven't heard back from the job that I have had 2 interviews for. I should call but I kind of don't want to. :(
- Lance and I like to make up songs a lot and I secretly videoed Lance rapping to Maddox but he swore me to never share it. (actually he swore me to delete it... but I didn't.)
- I love that Maddox is already ALL boy. He ALWAYS has a ball, a bat, or a golf club in his hands at all times. I love that.
- We are going shopping with Papa Tony in the morning! Circus in 2 weeks with Gigi, Pop, and Weeder's family!! Family pics in 3 weeks!!