Where has time gone?
I honestly feel like he should be 2 months old... maybe 4... but definitely not six?!?!
Here is where we are at within the last month::
- His belly scooting has progressed to full-fledged army crawling and he is all over the house. Room to room... you won't lose that boy!
- He can drive the jeep [walker] like it is stolen. Back and forward... whip it around corners... and maneuver it through the hall around the trunk.
- He is a chunk. A grade-A fatty-patty. He is still mostly munching on booby milk but we have introduced many foods to him and cereal is still the only one he refuses. [I have all the supplies to make my own baby food, I am just a bit over-whelmed by the idea at this point so he either eats off of our plate or from good 'ol Gerber, thus far]
- He gets on to his hands and knees and rocks, so we know he is close, however-- he has not mastered 'real' crawling yet.
- He can sign 'milk' and Maddox is working hard to teach him 'mommy' and 'daddy' in sign language also.
- You know he is tired when he starts rolling like a crocodile. He likes to be placed in his crib... on his belly... binky in mouth... snuggy by his face... and left alone. [although sometimes I fight him just to pacify my need to snuggle a sleeping baby from time to time]
- He really only takes a binky when he is sleeping... or very tired. And he is specific to one special binky from my friend Chanda. [which just so happens to cost over $5 a piece]
- He smiles a lot and laughs a lot too. Although his laugh sounds more like snorting.
- He loves to take baths and splash around.
- He adores his big brother.
- He is wearing 9 month and some 12 month clothes!!
- We just had to buy diapers for the first time (the nice thing about the 2nd one is the amount of diapers you get as gifts) and he wears a size 3. He pees so much however, I have to fork up the money for Pampers or else he pees out onto his pjs. [$50 for a case!!]
- He still refuses to sleep longer than 3 hours at night. His mommy hasn't slept in 6 months. She's tired.
- He loves to look at himself in the mirror.
- He will get whip-lash at the sound of my voice. Definitely a mommy's boy.
My 3 year old.
Obviously doesn't change month to month... and I don't want to keep repeating his letter sounds, and spelling his name, etc... so I'll give you a few Maddox-isms.
- When I am leaving for work each day, he stands in the garage-- waves-- and yells, "remember me!" over-dramatically as if it were a scene in Titanic.
- He recently told Lance he was about to head north to the south pole.
- I hear myself in him when he answers me with, "absolutely" or "fantastic".
- The neighbor-boy told us he was going to be Justin Beiber for Halloween and Maddox proudly told him he was going to be Gnomeo. A few days later, while laying in bed, Maddox said, "I still don't know why Robby wants to be a fever?"
- He is a fabulous magician. I should post a video... "ladies and gentlemen, boys and grills..."
- I will be sad when he says 'girls' correctly. Or when he pronounces his Ls as the L sound, rather than W. Or when 'yesterday' stops sounding like "yeestherday".
- His favorite color is green. And his favorite number is 3. [just like Daddy's]
- Everyday, when he gets a fruit snack, he saves a red one for Lance. Usually he doesn't even say anything about it, I will just see it on Lance's nightstand or next to his cap. He is a big-time daddy's boy right now.
- He got his first watch yesterday. [Lance is a
shoewatch freak] It is Toy Story. [anyone who knows my hatred of character-stuff, knows this is big. I even looked at a pair of Yo Gabba Gabba Vans yesterday... they are only little once, right?! I am slowly letting go!]
- I have to share this painting Maddox did a couple of weeks ago. I posted it on FB, but I wanted to share here. Maddox was painting along, and he said, "Oh man, I messed it up." I replied, "no you didn't buddy, it looks perfect" to which he responded, "momma... [paused sadly] I made Woody look like Dora." --Touche'