Friday, June 10, 2011

10 on 10 [June]

10 on 10
Take one photo an hour for ten hours on the tenth day of the month and then post the photos on your blog - capture a snapshot of the ordinary beauty of a simple day in your life!

Here goes. 

The boys went to bed at 11:30 last night.
Beckham snacked once during the night for maybe 10 minutes...
and then slept until 8:30am.

Snuggle boys.

Breakfast.
Maddox ate all but one piece of my toast.
[Plus his 4.  Really 2, since they are cut in 1/2]
My coffee went cold... and eventually down the sink.
My yogurt and fiber buds were good.
 And my date was a ham!

Special delivery!
Lance's 30th gift finally came in.
[better late than never, right?!]

Nap time for Beckham.
[the tummy sleeping would have rocked my world with Maddox...
I only let him do it when he naps so I can supervise.
He sleeps so much better this way.]

Playing with his trucks...
The big ones lined up.
Mator and McQueen in hand.

Lunch for me and Boo.
And then play time in the front yard.
This is where Beckham gets his lunch.
[I thought I'd spare you the boob pic!] ;)

Inside to cool off...
and find birthday invitations on Etsy.
[I am not making them this year.]
One month from today, my baby turns three.

Back outside to fly his Toy Story kite.
Which didn't last long because "it made him nervous."
I completely understand, since I felt the same way about balloons as a child.
A novelty idea, but the fear of it flying away or popping was more than I could handle.
I guess he feels the same way about kites!
Quirk #874

Chill'n.
Like a villain.
Happy... in the swing.  
I enjoy the rare occurrence.

Dinner by 5:30
[cream cheese and green chili, chicken enchiladas]
and a happy husband home to enjoy them with.

13 comments:

  1. woohoo! Sounds like a great day :) I'll be posting mine soon... I've got to get them off my camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez your kids are cute!!! M looks so grown in the picture of him playing with his cars! I only let Cori tummy sleep @ naps too, and you're right, they sleep much more soundly! I can't wait to hear about lance's gift! That's a mighty big truck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!! You are so sweet!
    I'm glad you both participated today-- I wish I knew how to link into that thing Kerri does-- any hints Kriten... you do the linky stuff for photography, right?

    Casey, I got him a new tv for our bedroom! (WAY splurgy... but you only turn 30 once, and his birthday was trumped by Beckham) He has wanted to get one for a long time... and we have had many "discussions" where I want him to come to bed but he won't because we don't get HD in there... and the tv was small.
    This is a 42" plasma... no excuses now!! :)
    And I got a great deal on it at Best Buy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew your photos would be amazing Holly!!

    Ok, go to the ten on ten site...you can find it on my post...go to the bottom and click "enter" and it will walk you through how to link up.

    I will send people over from my blog to yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just put a link on my blog for your blog! It's at the bottom of my 10 on 10 post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great set! Love how you processed them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the name of the salad is berry almond. It has grilled chicken and almonds and blueberries/strawberries, thin slices of cheese (not sure what kind) and a raspberry dressing. I can't wait to go back and get another one! Although, if I looked like you, I would get myself a baconator! Are you just naturally thin (and lucky!) or do you have amazing will power when it comes to food?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Kerri!
    I got linked in and don't know if I will ever be able to go to sleep tonight, reading through these other blogs!!
    Awesome stuff, huh?!

    As for my build...
    Remember my Nana (in the post where you said she looked like a grandma from a commercial)...
    I got her genes.
    I don't eat "bad"... but I eat a LOT.
    Luckily, I have never had to work out-- or worry about weight.
    But I've never been muscular or have a 'good body' either. I'm just a stick. Long and lanky. Like a 12 year old boy! :)
    I have 10 pounds to still lose after Beckham, and NONE of my clothes fit and it is swimsuit season and for the first time in my life, I think about weight.
    I hate it... and I have no clue where to start. I think about dieting-- or working out but breastfeeding makes me SO STINK'N HUNGRY.
    And it is so hot.
    SO I eat.
    And make excuses.
    :|
    And hope that one morning I wake up and it is gone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holly, I love these. The one of Beckham sleeping on his tummy just melts my heart. Oh, he is so precious! :) I also love the boys cuddling together. The swing is great, I always love seeing pictures of that porch swing. You are so cute in the last picture! :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. The one of your baby on his tummy. . .priceless!
    Isn't it amazing what you learn to let go with your second??

    Love this set!

    Glad you were able to link in!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man, the photo of your snuggling boys just about killed me. Too cute!! And I love your post processing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that pic of Beckham on his tummy! All four of mine are/were tummy sleepers. They take after their mom :). My mom always told me that when I was a baby they told you to put your baby on their tummy and never on their back...I'm sure in another 20 years they will say the same thing again!

    ReplyDelete