Monday, December 13, 2010

...even if it kills me!

 I'm going to finish this dang 30 day challenge!!


Day 12-What you believe
I believe Jesus died for my sins and I have a place in Heaven waiting on me since this is pure within my heart.
I believe I am a good mom, even when I don't have a clue what I am doing.
I believe that life is short, and should be enjoyed thoroughly.
I believe I have some pretty awesome friends.
I believe in being frugal and living simple.
I believe I have a strong purpose in life.
I believe happiness is a decision.
I believe I am a good nurse.
I believe children give back what is put into them.
I believe I am blessed, even though I don't have a lot.
I believe misery breeds company, as does happiness.
I believe that holding hands keeps your marriage strong.


Day 13-Goals
I have a ton of goals...
I use to have them written down-- I would check off as I completed them, and add to the list as needed.
Then I became a mom.
And though I still want to go back to school...
and want to sell our Haslet house...
and run a race with my husband...
and get out of debt...
and cook only healthy meals...
and make money using my creative mind...
and find a schedule that is more orthodox for our family...
and get Maddox back to the potty training pro he once was...
But that is all minor in the big scale of life.
I just want to raise good kids.


Day 14-A picture you love
As I was searching for this picture to post, I ran across 496 other pictures that are my "absolute favorite"!!
But I have to go with this one... because I think that even at 100 years old, I will be able to look at this picture as get the same overwhelming feeling of joy that I do still today.




Day 15-Bible verse
I guess I really don't have one favorite verse... however I do have few that I turn to for different things.
I write them down when I find one that I think may help me in the future.
And my friend Candace has given me a few in times of need.
But I will post a few...
Because I am a mom:
"Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him." Psalm 127:3
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17
Because I am a nurse...
(And because I sometimes don't want to do the right thing...)
"Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people, because you know that the Lord will reward each one for whatever good they do..." Ephesians 6:7-8
"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers." Galatians 6:9-10
Because I am a wife...
all of 1 Corinthians 13. (just look it up-- its too long to post)
And we keep this in the dining room... to remind us not to go to bed angry with one another.


Day 16-Dream house
Oh my gosh... I could go on and on and on, on this one!
I think about my dream house, um-- a lot.
I got to help my mom pick out a lot of things for house, and it gave me a slight 'fix' but I can not wait to build my own custom home one day!
As a matter of fact, I would love nothing more than to get a subscription to a magazine of house plans for a Christmas present one year! ;)
My dream house is very open concept-- with a beautiful entry way-- 2 story, with an open staircase plopped right in the living room.
Hand scraped wood floors, but 12" boards.  Dark stain.
Nothing scrolly or dainty... I want a heavy thick, solid house.
The kitchen is my main focus-- spacious, an island, a beautiful vent above the stove.  (the gas stove)  The cabinets, the faux finished walls, the pantry, I have it all mapped out!
I'd love an office, and a play room-- but, you know I want 50 kids.  I'd like a room for each of them, therefore I'd have to be creative on this part. I plan on living in this house until I die, so I don't want a 5 bedroom, 2 office empty house one day either.  Therefor my master bedroom has a sitting area that for now would be used as an office area.  The boys will share a large room than can be changed into a media or game room once they move out....
I could draw you a map-- talk to you about colors-- and map out details until I am blue in my face.
I wish it were already built, right here, on this land that we are on now-- right in between my brother's new house and my parents....
Here's to wishful thinking.


Day 17-Something you're looking forward to
Future vacations.
Growing old with my husband.
Watching my kids grow up, reach different mile stones, play sports, find their niche and become individuals.
I look forward to life.


Day 18-Something you regret
I regret things every day....
There are a lot of mistakes I made when I was younger-- and some I cringe when I think about...
But to pinpoint a specific regret to list here...
I regret being so outspoken/ bitchy when I was younger... I say that Lance took the B. out of me (well a lot of it) but you are always 17 in your hometown, so to the town of Paradise, I am sure I am still an "outspoken B."
I also regret not going away to college.
I stayed for Lance-- so I guess it all played out in the end... but it doesn't mean that I don't regret it.


Day 19-Something you miss
Being young.
Lack-of-responsibility.
No bills.
...When life was easy.


Day 20-Nicknames
The only name my friends call me other than Holly, is Hol.
Maddox calls me momma.
My mom calls me sis.  ...And sugar bear growing up.
Now Lance.... his list goes for miles.
Babe, baby, honey, love, Linda, Collie dog.... and on and on and on....


Day 21-Picture of yourself



Day 22-What's in your makeup bag
I love make-up.
Probably a little too much.
Sephora is one of my top 10 stores, for sure!  (and the MAC counter)
I typically wear Bare Minerals or MAC (Studio Fix) powder for foundation.  But right now I am using Mary Kay's version of Bare Minerals. (my BFF Wendy sells it if you'd like to try it!)
When I think to apply it... I use Smashbox 'photofinish' primer and MAC concealer.
Right now I am using Clinique blush. But I am not particular about my blush.
But use Bare Minerals Pure Radiance for shimmer (a must!), and their bronzer in the summer.
I love Bad Gal mascara but have been using good 'ol Loreal Voluminous Black for a while.
For eyeliner, I either use eyeshadow and a special brush for smokier eyes or Maybelline Eyestudio for think sharp black lines.
I am terrible about wearing color on my lips... so Bath and Body Works tinted- minty- gloss is typically as far as it goes.
I have eye shadow from everywhere... but I honestly go back to the same colors 99% of the time.


Day 23-Favorite vacation
I thought I already answered this? (my honeymoon)
I'll chose a different one.
I loved our vacation to Florida when Maddox was 11 months old.
We needed a get away since we felt as if our world was falling apart at that point in our lives.
We stayed in a friend's beach house, right on the beach...
and didn't worry about anything.
It was great.



Day 24-Something you've learned
Happiness is a decision.
If its worth the fight... then fight a good fight.
Life is hard.


Day 25-Put your iPod on shuffle, first 10 songs
Shamefully, I have to tell you that I do not own an Ipod.
That's what Lance was going to get me for my 'pushing present' for Maddox...
I caught wind of that, and changed his gift to an Iphone.
I still have only uploaded maybe 8 or 10 songs to it!  (and most of them were all the songs I needed for Maddox's 2 year old slide show!)
I have an entire Brandon Rhyder CD on it... other than that: Need you Now (Lady A), Temporary Home (Carrie Underwood), Stay (Sugarland), The House that Built Me (Miranda Lambert), Beautiful Boy (Ben Harper), Somewhere Over the Rainbow (IZ), A Mother's Prayer (Rachel Aldous), I Shall Believe (Sheryl Crow)


Day 26-Picture of your family







Day 27-Pets
This one still makes me a little sad.
I try and not think about Macy.
I still miss her...
But not enough to replace her.


Day 28-Something that stresses you out
A lot of things stress me out.
No need to list them.


Day 29-3 Wishes
Lifelong happiness for my kids.


Day 30-a picture
Tonight we watched the meteor shower from our field.
(yes... these were taken at 12:30 at night!)


Oh, did it say one picture?!

2 comments:

  1. Nice job!!! Finally finished even if it was a few days early! I'll probably follow your lead on this one and complete my 8-9 days left too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! You finished it! I haven't even thought about it- I'm WAAAAY behind! haha I will finish it.... one day! :)

    ReplyDelete