Friday, October 15, 2010

TGIF

1.
Add Spoiled but Not Rotten on FB.
It is fabulous!
Maybe even my favorite site right now...
Deals. Deals. Deals.
On clothes, shoes, toys, diapers, etc....
and just in time for Christmas!

2.
Lance put in a request to move to days.  (6-2 rather than 2-10)
He knew it was a stretch since they were sent an e-mail a few months back that transfers were on a freeze.
And since 2 other people on his shift had been denied the move...
But it was worth a shot.
Wednesday night, he got a call from his sargent.
Request: APPROVED!!
It will not go into effect into November, but I can not tell you how excited I am!!
This was an incredibly sweet move from my husband, because if he were to get completely honest with me-- this was for me, not him.
He loves the people he works with, he loves the officers that he works under, and he is really respected with his crew.
I know Lance hates change, and I am sure he feels like he will have to start all over to get the respect he has on nights, but like I told him-- he got to where he is by himself.  No one got Lance the position, no one knew anything about him when he started.  He is training other officers and considered a go-to-guy because he graduated top of his class, he works hard, and he is dependable.
He will do the same on days.

**But the awesome part:
  • We can have dinner together again!  You have no idea what a loss that is.  We have breakfast together now.  But I can not wait to eat dinner.  As a family!
  • He will be home by 3:00 everyday-- and rarely anything happens before that!  He can go with me to weddings, parties or anything else that we are invited to that starts after noon.  (which is everything) 
  • Holidays.  I feel like he will get more out of them.  It will feel like more time together.
  • Cookouts.  We love to have people over to grill, but Lance's schedule doesn't allow us to do that anymore.  Now we can.
  • Together, we will be able to get Maddox on a "normal kid" sleep schedule.  Right now Lance doesn't get home until after 11:00, I am on call most nights until 11:00-- our clock is a little shifted in comparison to the rest of the world's.  But with a baby coming-- a normal clock is perfect timing!
  • Lance can keep the babies when I go back to work.  Mom keeps Maddox 2 nights a week for me now-- but if we have to  move back into our home in Haslet, there's no way she will be able to do that.  (not to mention, an almost 3 year old plus a newborn is too much to ask her to do while working a full time job)  I probably will continue to work my Saturday mornings... and mom and I will just have to figure that out once it comes.  I know my Nana has offered to help too-- so between everyone, I think we can get it taken care of!

3.
We are going to my parents tonight to eat, watch the Ranger game and my SIL is going to do my hair!
[Oh the perks of your hair dresser being a family member.]
We are making cheese enchiladas, beef enchiladas, tacos and rice and beans....
This preggo chick's mouth is watering just thinking about it.
ummmmm.... MEXICAN FOOD!
I am so stressed about the Ranger game.
I hope they win.
I love Josh Hamilton.
I love that they celebrated with Gingerale on his behalf.
It made me cry.
Watch Josh Hamilton's I am Second story.
I love I am second.
http://www.iamsecond.com/#/seconds/Josh_Hamilton/

4.
I believe in miracles.
I hope that doesn't become a statement that haunts me in some way.
But its heavy on my heart and I thought I should share.
I believe in miracles; prayer begging, God willing, science not-following, jaw dropping miracles.
I love to hear stories of them... it keeps my faith alive, it gives me chills, and it makes my heart smile.
I seriously have heard 5 or 6 separate ones over this last week, and I just wanted to say it out loud.
You know, in case sometime in my future I am down and out and Lance is about to pull the plug...
Call my Aunt Missy, and have her pray over me-- (she's a crazy-miracle believer too) and then everyone believe too... or leave. 

Here's one of the stories I saw:
http://www.cbn.com/media/player/index.aspx?s=%2Fvod%2FSAF13v5_WS

5.
Our fall party the other night was a blast, but leaving the front and back door open for better air flow was a big mistake.
There are 632 flies in my house and I do not have a fly swatter.
I would hang one of those disgusting sticky fly things at this point, because I am about to pull my hair out.
I need a malaria net to protect me and my boy.
These things are gross.

Oh, and the cupcakes:
Maddox is willing to break his neck to get to them!
He's a sneaky one...


That boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment