Sunday, April 25, 2010

jibber jabber

  • My birthday was Sunday (Lance had to work and I was on call) it was nothing special.  My parents took me to dinner Saturday night and Lance took me out Monday.  I was blown up with love on my FB, got some sweet cards in the mail, lots of texts and phone calls, a beautiful necklace from my mom, gift cards from my dad and Julie and cash from Nana!  I appreciated it all but my favorite gift was from Lance!  He stayed up until 2:00am making me a card!  He made it out of resume paper and cutting up file folders.  He is not crafty so this was better than ANY card I have ever gotten.  He is calling my new Iphone my birthday present... but him and I both know it is his move to get the watch he is wanting for his birthday.  If it were July, I HAD to get another phone.  The card was perfect!
  • Wednesday night, Lance brought home The Blind Side and we stayed up until 1:00am watching it.  It was at that time that I remembered that Maddox had his first dentst appointment.  AT EIGHT AM!  I don't "do" mornings (especially on 5 hours of sleep) so I was really bummed.  But we got up, dressed and Maddox did great at the dentist!
  •  Thursday night, I had an awesome dinner with friends from high school. Randi, Mandy and Kelsey and I spent 3 hours at Joe T's eating, talking and laughing until we cried.  Literally.  I hope that we plan more of those because it was such a fun time and I forget how great those girls are.  We need to see each other more often.
  • I did not participate in Race For The Cure this year.  First time in four years.  I didn't think it would bother me, but it did.  I will be a part again next year.  
  • Yesterday I bought a new swimsuit for this year.  It is cute but I am not looking forward to wearing it.  [for your safety, I will not post pics!]
  • Lastnight, Maddox and I sprung one of our late night, surprise meals on Lance.  We met him at Chilis.  Maddox came out of his room wearing his boots and since he actually put them on the correct feet, so I let him wear them!
  •  Lance's birthday is this week and I have been working on something special.  I hope he enjoys it as much as I have loved putting it together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment