Monday, January 7, 2013

the final antidote

Today Maddox went back to school.

And though I love his little face off, and often times he is the easier person that I deal with during the day, I realized that I needed him to go.

Because I crave routine.

And structure.

And schedule.

And I know it is only 2 days a week, but day one felt so niiiiiiiiice.

He was so excited to get back also, and just as we walked through the front door, he said, "I love this school momma!" 

Back home, I watched Kelly and Michael without being asked to turn it to Nick Jr.

I drank my coffee...

We played...

And I cleaned my house without Maddox pulling out every toy we have ever owned right behind me!



Beckham got the Ipad all to himself, with no fights.

He and I turned last night's mashed potatoes into today's cheesy-potato croquettes and we made spicy green beans without having to make an entirely different meal for our picky eaters.
[I laughed because when Beckham saw me start preparing lunch, he immediately pushed the chair over to me like big brother does.
He may not have the words, but this child gets his point across!]

One on one time with my little no-talker was good for us both...
but he sure was excited to see Maddox.
We both were.

We ate an early dinner (of Tomato basil soup and Italian grilled cheese), Maddox practiced a little reading for Daddy, and then these boys went to crazy-town while I went on call!


(P.S.  We don't watch SpongeBob... But I'll never pass up $2 pajamas.  I love a deal!  )

Tonight, I realized that this was the final cure-all.
Normalcy.

I am not getting summer back any time soon. No water parks, zoo trips, playing at the park, or chilling at the pool with our pals...

But I am getting back some order.

Annnnnnnd I am not starting back to college  (however I did end up with 2 As and 1 B as a full time student at UTA, a full time mom and a part time nurse.... tooting of own horn happening here) with the rest of my classmates...
and I did register today for a mother's day out group that I will start meeting with every once a week at the end of this month, with the first study on marriage.
I have a date with my friend Candace to cook and prepare some freezer meals to help simplify dinner time...
Maddox is going to start flag football in a couple of months...
and Beckham is just 3 1/2 months from two!

Winter will be over before I know it and I will be cursing this moment that I am whipping through the calender!

But we are back on schedule.

(Now, if only Lance would get that Christmas crap back up into the attic where it belongs, I would have nothing to complain about.... for a minute.)

3 comments:

  1. This post makes me super happy. I just love it all. Your first picture looks so cozy and peaceful. The boys in their jammies acting silly is just the best. You know I love those green beans. :) Too funny, we're having tomato soup and grilled cheese on rye tonight. I might even break into the pickles that are still marinating and have a few of those.
    Enjoy this rain.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly, I'm so proud of you for the two As and one B you received while being a full time (and darn good) momma. I know it was really hard on you to do all you that you did while earning those grades and I wish I knew what I could do to help you. Let me know what I can do to help you get back into class. As I said, I am so proud of you.
    I know Maddox was glad to get back to his school. He is so smart and quick and I expect him to teach his own class soon.
    Beckham is equally smart and quick but chooses to keep it to himself (he thinks) but, I can see right through him when I read the things he does on your blog.
    It has been a dreary couple of days so I have started on next Christmas Tree decorations before I forget an idea of what to do.
    Love...
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't great when we are in our routine, everyone feels better with order. Congrats on the good grades and all your hard work. Sounds like you have a busy spring coming up...so enjoy a little relaxing.
    Also, I'm looking at doing something different over my sofa. I love what you have there. I'd love to see a photo of the entire wall if you have a chance. It looks great!
    Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete