Monday, June 7, 2010

my missing weekend?!

Yesterday I posted a blog about my some-what uneventful weekend... today as I logged onto Blogger it was no where to be found...
What the heck?
I could just leave it gone --since I did say it wasn't all that eventful-- but now its driving me crazy (and I have some fun pics from it all) and it feels too eventful to just forget about and move on... so just to pacify myself, I am going to try and repeat my post.
geeze.
Here goes:
                                Friday:
  • I missed the going away luncheon for my friend Tracy by and hour and a 1/2 due to the fatal buzz I made to the back right side of my husband's head.  [cinco tells the story] To call the episode traumatic, would be an understatement.  But tears aside, I made the trip in anyhow, to show my respect for a leaving friend, nurse, and great girl. 
  • I stopped by and saw my Mamaw after munching on left-overs from the catered lunch.  My meme, cousin, and aunt and uncle were there too, moving my grandma's stuff in, so it was a big-family-visit!

  • My Mamaw, whom I love dearly, is just a few months away from turning 95... and she's still got it!  Occasionally she gets confused with names and such, but for the most part- she's right on cue.  She keeps a little tray full of tiny trinkets, just in case the great-great-grandkids stop by for a visit.  It consists of mostly things that I would not normally call a toy, but Maddox had a hay-day with the tray!

  • That evening I drove to Decatur to meet up with my parents for dinner.  I feel blessed beyond measure that Lance is working again, but his schedule really blows.  I hold my breath each weekend, waiting on an invite from my parents to mooch off of their plans... and thankfully they rarely neglect the invitation!

  • After Chili's, I ran to Wal-Mart for a few groceries.  It was later at night and Wal-Mart wasn't very busy so I let Maddox walk [or run] rather than riding in the basket.  It was a rare treat that he thoroughly enjoyed.   We got mostly smiles and, "he's adorable"s over my little bundle of energy!  But one girl asked me if he had a nap AND what I fed him.       ---Can I just say, there is nothing more annoying that people without kids, acting like they have a clue. Or people with kids, acting as if their kids never acted like kids.  (Lord bless them and their socially awkward soles if they truly didn't)  This chick was young and since her and her beau were childless, I assume she was not a mother yet.  I smiled and said, "He ate chicken and veggies.  A perfectly balanced meal for a not even 2 year old."  But I want to say, "This is energy. He's not crying.  He's not acting out.  He is just not bound by your rules of adult-hood yet.  This is the pure innocence and happiness of a child.  --Just wait my friend.  just wait."

  • I am the first to admit, there are days when that innocence of my child is a little difficult!  (ie: this mess from Thursday)

  • But when life gives you a mess of powdered sugar... make icing.  And we did.  Literally. 
  • Even on my hardest days, he is more than worth it! 

  • I love, love, love this stage.  He minds me so well (I am praised of this often by others) and is bright and eager to learn.  I am sure there will come a time that he pushes the boundaries a little harder but for now he listens, and his manners rock my world!!  So, sorry lady-at-walmart,  I like to pick my battles.  Loud laughter, fast paced feet, and bologna stacking in Wal-mart at 9:30 at night, doesn't even register on my discipline list.  Go buy condoms.  You aren't ready!  :)   
  • We finished out the night Friday with a small game of baseball between Maddox and Daddy, once he got home.  They can do this for hours!!
                               Saturday:
  • My aunt and uncle mad a trip in from South Carolina this past week.  I love them both so much and it was so good getting to see them.  We spent the day Saturday in Argyl at my other aunts house, swimming playing the wii and cooking out.  We always have a great time there, and I love my family to my core!




  • Big news:  I ate a cheeseburger Saturday!  (first time to eat ground beef in 8 years!)  It smelled so good and I thought I would go for it.  I definitely have a mental block, and thought I was going to be sick afterward but if I am honest with myself, it was really good.  
  • Maddox's meal did not agree with him, however.  Lance and I didn't crawl into bed until far after 1:00 that morning and Maddox woke me up at 5:00am by vomiting ALL OVER ME.  We both hopped in the shower the first time... but episode 2 and 3 were just "bandaged" with more towels!  (I think most mom's will get that!) He followed up our eventful night with some explosive poop Sunday morning. 
                               Sunday:
  •  For once in my life, I was very thankful for a nasty diaper.  Maddox had taken a tumble down the rock steps next to the pool and bonked the entire left side of his face and knee.  The worried mommy in me was worrying if this was a late reaction to the head trauma... the nurse in me was reminding myself that a brain bleed would be excessive vomiting and a crazy fussy kid with the headache of his life.  Maddox was happy in between vomits and the series of vomiting only span for over an hour, I think.  The explosive poop the next morning gave me comfort.  It was just a belly ache, unrelated to the scratches to his eyebrow, cheek, and knee.  
                               Today:
  • I think his bug has already come and gone.  This morning, as I was heating up the oven for our cinnamon rolls, I heard "yummmmmy momma!" And looked at the cookie sheet to find only 7 raw rolls and cinnamon cream all over his mouth.  I asked, "where's the other roll?"  and he pointed to his open and empty mouth. Although he has been symptom free since early Sunday morning, I am waiting to see the effects of the raw dough on his little belly.  (so far so good)
That's it guys.  That's all I had.  I feel relieved that I can finally post again.  :)
  • A quick follow up-- Lance's hair grows so fast, that my blooper from Friday has already fixed itself. (Thank you Lord!) I have no pics from the massacre, it was almost a divorce worthy moment...  Not to be documented by Kodak!  :)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment