Monday, September 30, 2013

wrapping up September

I can't say it enough...
I love fall.

Our weather has somewhat been cooperating with the calender--
and we have had moments of cooler weather.

For that reason alone, I claim this past week to be glorious...
but if we really broke it down,
and dissected the moods around here--
this week has been a lot of work.

I make the weekend schedule for work.
I have to work 2 weekend days each month, and since Lance works on Sundays, I usually schedule both of mine for Saturday.
During soccer season, I gave myself one Saturday and one Sunday for September and October.
Knowing that both days would be hard--
{one I would have to miss a game... (which I have yet to do, thus far)
and the other, have to load us all up-- all stay the night at mom's-- and drive 2 extra hours that day!}

But as luck would have it, all of the rain we had on Friday cancelled the games Saturday morning, so I only have to miss one game this season!

After work, we took our neighbor to the park to play with the boys--
and then a few other neighbors met us at the fields to play catch.





Lance had a double header on Sunday.
Maddox got to play at the park with the bigger kids...

B had to stay with me.


Monday, we played at another park in our neighborhood for a little bit and then came home to tackle the laundry.



And I gave them haircuts...
Which is never really that great of an idea...
And almost always end up more like burs, with at least one person in tears...
But we survived.


And that evening Maddox had soccer practice.




Tuesday was "super".



Wednesday we honored.


Thursday we met Candace and Audrey at Altitude...
There was a little 8 year old boy who Maddox played with the whole time...
Candace and I perfected our synchronized front flips into the foam pit...
And I am pretty sure the babies were there somewhere...
Just kidding!
They had fun too.


Friday was hard.
I was emotional and just felt no good for anyone that day.
I yelled at my kids.
A lot.
My kids fought and bickered and pestered and whined and squalled and cried all day long.
My house was "clean" but I felt like I didn't use my time wisely that day, and it wasn't as clean as it could have been.
None of my pants fit.
My hair looked like shit.
snowball-- roller coaster-- you know the drill.

I drove to Lance's work in tears,
and just wanted a cupcake.

He drove me to Colleyville to Celebrity and as soon as I ate one bite, I changed my mind that I wanted tator tots with cheese.
So we drove to Sonic.

He hopped out to run into the gas station across the street for some Tums and I leaned into his seat to order.
I wasn't quite far enough and I tried to open the door to slide my card and smacked it into the metal ordering thing.
When Lance made it back to me, I was standing outside the card, in a full on sob-- staring at the hunk (all the way down to the shiny metal) it took out of my car.

Lance has never been nor will ever be an aggressive or abrasive man,
so I have no idea why I act like he is going to black my eye, shave my scalp, and hold me under water--
but I was a mess.

He just patted my back and kissed my forehead and said-- "it is just a car babe.  It is not that big of a deal"...

And then I was crying that he was so nice to me, when I didn't deserve it.
And could not get myself under control.

Ridiculous.


So we went to his game-- I cried while talking to a random stranger--
contemplated smacking the 14 year old who lit up a cigarette next to me--
and was glad to put Friday in the 'done' pile.


Saturday Maddox had a game.
He made 2 goals this week but only one counted and we lost 2-1.
He made me laugh because I thought he was going to be upset about the loss but when I asked him, he simply said, "no.  I knew we were going to lose.  We won last week.", he took a bite out of his cupcake and went on about his jolly way.


We went to Cracker Barrel afterward for breakfast.

There was a couple next to us that Lance could not get over the way the man was inhaling his food-- 1/2 a pancake at a time--  never looking up or speaking a word or breathing for that matter.
I, on the other hand, wanted to cry for the mom-- who wrestled the toddler her entire meal-- maybe got 3 whole bites-- and looked as if she was beyond done.

I told Lance that I wanted to hug her and tell her that it does get better...
but then he reminded me that I spent more than half of our time there in the restroom with Beckham waiting for him to poop-- crying that he couldn't-- telling me to stand outside the door while he kept his hands over his eyes, yelling "don't wook at me!" through the crack, and finally pooping in the diaper I brought.
So it really doesn't get all that much better--
But you do get use to it.

Lance and Josh just scored a catering gig at the minor league hockey place and they had their first one set for Saturday night.
I took call on a whim for a friend who got sick, so the kids and I went to Paradise.

My mom had set up her 2 campers along with a few of her camping buddies for the Paradise Historical Society function and we stopped by and saw them.



One of my best friends from high school was there selling her cookbooks and Nerium and we went down to The Finish Line to visit our old workplace, friend Kendrik, and our first real boss, Rayanne.
If only we could reverse the clock for a few days--
I'd do it again in a heartbeat.


My mom and her friend Joyce let Maddox bid for them in the auction, and he even got to draw for the raffle ticket.
He dug around for a minute and then said, "hold on... I'm looking for my name!"


We also ran into my friend Heather there, and her daughter Maddi and Beckham were insta-friends.
She would grab his hand and pull him from trailer to trailer-- and they would giggle and laugh!


Sunday, I woke up sick as a dog.
Luckily I started feeling better around noon, and we made our way to Godley, Tx to celebrate Katie's 5th birthday...
(and more importantly, chat with my long lost soul sister!)




Today we went back to the small park.
I like that park because no one is ever there,
and sometimes I like to skip small talk and be anti-social.


I also like to look at my phone and I don't want to worry about catching looks from any moms who are 100%, 100% of the time.



We came home and ate lunch outside...
Played...
Cleaned...
And resumed our normal fighting, bickering and whining schedule.

...And that husband that I was crying adoring tears for 2 days ago, is on my hit-list today and is one more annoying act from a staple to his ear.

Tomorrow is October.
Fall  is officially here. 

1 comment:

  1. haha, I love you. I think you and I go through the same range of emotions on a daily basis! :)
    Yesterday I laughed, yelled, cried, was happy to see Kevin, and was ready to send him back out of town.
    I think you did a great job on the boys' haircuts. Cute!
    That set up of the campers is ADORABLE. I just stared at that picture!
    I know we all wish we had something different, but I have to say, you are lucky to have a sweet and gentle husband. Kevin is sweet and gentle too, but he can get extra fiesty at times. I love him just the same, but you know what I'm saying.
    Your park pictures are so great, and I can see and taste fall in them. I also love this time of year. It is good for the soul!
    xo

    ReplyDelete