Saturday, June 25, 2016

Becoming King in the Carribean

My sister's boyfriend proposed to her in December, and just 2 short months later, we were setting sail to the Caribbean to change her last name.
They have a little girl on the way exactly 6 weeks behind us, and so we started racking our brains to get things moving with the least amount of stress possible.
My parents ended up gifting all three of our families with a 5 day cruise to Cozumel and Progresso to wed the Kings!
I had been on a cruise once before and knew how fun they could be... 
however I had never taken kids, sailed sober, or taken my husband who had zero interest in "being stuck on a boat", so I wasn't sure how it would go!
Friday, after work, my brother's family and mine headed to meet up with my parents and my sister's family in League City.
Both of my mom's sisters and their husbands met us there also-- as well as a group of my sister's friends from high school.

My sister was a gorgeous bride, and the ceremony was short and sweet.
Ed's family came onto the boat for the wedding and reception and were able to bring Ashton on to be a part too.
Though we were excited for Allison and Ed, we are more than blessed to add that little toot to our family!  He is so loved!

The open bar was well used by all non-pregnant voyagers and the kids tore up the dance floor!

We ate until we were stuffed, and the kids swam every day.  Cozumel was a n absolute blast and paddle boarding at 23 weeks pregnant wasn't as difficult as it sounded!  Bingo, magic shows, dancing, comedy shows, Dr Suess' birthday party, and more ice-cream than they have had in their lives, kept the kids happy as clams!!

It was great to be with my family for a week and the kids had a blast.
The men (who were less than excited to be on a cruise) are already planning our next one!

Allison and I would like to trade places with some of the fun nights on the next one, tough. ;)




































































































No comments:

Post a Comment