Friday, July 16, 2010

Friday High Five

One.  I made no-bake-chocolate-oatmeal cookies yesterday.  (I half the recipe so that we don't eat too many) Maddox and I ate about 1/2 of them and then I covered them up and put them at the back of the stove until Lance got home.  I was entering calls (I was on call last night) and Maddox got a little too quiet.
That boy.....

two. My mom is still in London.  I think she is enjoying her time there.  She bought the As-see-on-TV Magic Jack so I have been able to talk to her most days.  The 6 hour time difference is still a little difficult to adjust to, but she is managing.  My dad and sister leave tomorrow to go see her for a week and then she comes home on the 29th.  I am ready for her to come home.

three.  Maddox also got his first toy gun on Wednesday.  Janet had bought it for Dane and Maddox really liked it so he gave it to him and Janet promised to get him another!
I'm not sure how I feel about it just yet.  He was bred into a family full of guns, so I might as well embrace it now!  There are already a few in a safe or two with his name on them!  I guess this plastic one will be okay... as long as he understands it is a toy!
four. Maddox woke me up the normal way.  With a millions kisses and I love yous.  (mornings are my favorite) but then he asked to go poopoo on the big boy potty.  I took off his diaper and he went on his way. 
No poop, but he did tinkle!! 
I wasn't in there to help him tuck his peetie in so he actually peed on the seat in the floor, but this was kind of a big deal.  He loves to wear his underwear, but I usually have to ask him if he needs to go.  Today he told me!
I'm still not ready to go full- force... because I honestly don't think he's ready.  But I think we are getting closer.

five. I think I am going to send these in lieu of Thank you cards.  Is that impersonal?  I have not had time to get them written out and addressed, since I have worked more these last 2 weeks than I usually do- so I thought that I would send these instead.  Is that tacky?

1 comment:

  1. P.S. Maddox tee teed 2 more times in the big potty after I wrote this by telling me he had to go...
    And yesterday, he told me again but we were in the car so I had to tell him to go in his diaper... dang. :(

    ReplyDelete