Sunday, August 24, 2014

The last of summer

Since we start school Monday, I thought I should upload the rest of our summer's pictures, before its overran with pictures of school stuff and rays of emotions!

Playdate with the Byford crew...
Cashed in the change in their piggybanks, and padded their little savings accounts some more...
A family date in Sundance square...
Swimming...
Cast off... wallet at home-- had to do the drive of shame from the Chickfila window and Maddox proclaimed it was the most embarrassing day of his life!
Swimming...
School readiness... even if B ripped through all of Maddox's supplies and rubbed glue sticks all over the walls.
Church...
A jog with Goose... that destructive little hound that eats through my straightening iron and makes me psychotic.
More swimming...
Watering... in the buff, of course.
Selfies...
Cool deliveries in the mail...
Family participation to the ALS cause (The boys were all in their own videos, not pictures)
More swimming...
Meet the teacher...
A filling on a tooth that put him to sleep...
Planes Fire and Rescue...
Our cousin's birthday party and ducks unlimited banquet for the boys... where Lance won a gun!
And last minute errands today, and family time together.



















The house is asleep and I am not far behind them.
Maddox has been very emotional since meet the teacher and very quick to cry.
Today he fell asleep in the car and we tried waking him.  He was being irrational and disrespectful and not very Maddox-like at all.
Lance finally saw that he wet his pants during his sleep.
He was so so embarrassed and broke down saying, "I'm too old for this mommy.  I should do better.  I am just not ready for kindergarten... I just can't..."
And I physically felt my heart break for him as we hugged and cried.
He can.
We can.

Tonight we had icecream,
tomorrow we fly.

And probably cry.  
I just like to be honest.


Little did I know, the caps lock was unnecessary.
Literally I would blink-- and four years would be gone.

***
Let's do this, I guess.
Summer is officially over.

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you this morning Holly! It's going to be a rough day for you...I remember every bit of that first day of kindergarten like it was yesterday. But, you can do it! And, I have a feeling it's going to be a GREAT year for Maddox...he is ready! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete