Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving and more!

We had such a great Thanksgiving!! It felt like it ran so smoothly this year, we had plenty of time to visit with everyone and Maddox was cheery at every place we went... even without his naps!!! What a blessing!! I think we will try and talk everyone into following the same schedule next year except maybe persuade Nana into a 12:00 time slot so we can gorge at her house too! (... However the leftovers were wonderful!) and maybe we can talk Granny E to moving hers to 2:00-- instead of both of them at 1:00. But even with them both at the same time we worked it out! I wish everyone would do it a week a part so we could eat like that for a month!! I love me some Thanksgiving grub!!

Another "new" for this Thanksgiving is that Lance and I became those crazy Black Friday shoppers!! I have been wanting a camera since before I had Maddox. I became obsessed with the idea after I had Maddox... I have watched my friends listen to my obsession, get their own obsession (and cameras) and I still had NO CAMERA. Last year, I was supposed to get a camera but Lance lost his job and I had already dropped a lot of money on him a shotgun, so we forfeited the camera idea. (shotguns are not refundable!) Recently a new camera came out that also videos in 1080 HD!! So, I had a new obsession! Lance had asked the family members that typically get us a presents for Best buy gift cards this year and he was going to surprise me with it... but then he found out it was going to be a part of the door buster Black Friday hoop-la. (Okay, he found out because I was going crazy about it!) So we did what any other UNreasonable person would do... we went to 2 separate Best Buys on Wednesday night to see how many cameras they had and we had my um, sister-in-law (sorry Ness, it'll take me a while to stop calling you that!) to come over at 4:30 am to babysit (because she's awesome like that!) and we went to Best Buy at 5:00am!! The line was wrapped around the building so we thought there would be NO WAY we would get the camera... but we pulled in, Lance dropped me off at the door, he parked and 20 minutes later were were paid out and back in the car! We put in on our old BB card for no payments/ no interest and are hoping those same people will just do cash and we'll pay it off. Again, I said it was unreasonable!! But I am STOKED!!!! I want to sit down and read my manual from beginning to end, but with little hands and a busy work schedule, I haven't had a chance. I already have some ideas stirring in this head of mine! I love pictures! People are going to think I am the paparazzi at Christmas!

Speaking of Christmas: I am MUCH more excited about Christmas now... 17 month olds are hard to predict but hopefully he will ham it up again and not be a whiner! He loved showing off all of his tricks at all of the places... and as quickly as he is learning and changing, I am sure he will have a whole new bag of tricks to show off come Christmas! He is going to be all about unwrapping the gifts and playing with the boxes this year... I get giddy just thinking about it!
Black Friday also paid out because we were able to go to 6 stores, and be home by 10:00am and were able to finish up on 16 out of our list of 19 people's Christmas present buying. Go us!! And Lance and I had soooo much fun doing it! Santa needs to think of a few more things for Maddox but he is just about done too! I was pretty down and out last Christmas and guiltily wished Maddox first Christmas away... but not this year-- I am going to be positive and I am excited!

December is to fun-packed to be depressed anyway!

Mine and Lance's anniversary is tomorrow. 3 years of marriage... 8 years together!

My work party is Thursday... at a winery! We always have so much fun at our Christmas parties!! ...and the gift card's not too bad either!! :)

Lance and I are having a Christmas party at our house on the 12th... we have to wear tacky holiday apparel and we are playing White Elephant Chinese Christmas! Our friends are funny and crazy so I am anxious to see what they bring and wear!!

My friend Kristen is flying in, and Whitney and Kimberly are driving up for a winter play date and party at our house on the 17th... I can not wait to see these girls and see our babies interact together... it has been too long!

...And I am sure there is more!!
Fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment